“A roof over your head”- has become a very common phrase for everybody. Indeed, the roof is the most important and vital part of your house. It protects you from heat and rain. When the floor cracks, it is not much of an issue for the time being. But, if the roof over your head is damaged, everything seems to be in a chaos. To repair the damaged roof, you need the best San Antonio roofers.
What are the Most Commonly Faced Roof Problems?
Looking out for the signs of early damage may save you money and cost of a complete roof replacement. Below are given some of the most common problems:
- Poor installation – If your roof is not installed properly at the time of construction, chances is that it will cause problems in future. A professional will be able to determine whether the installation is proper or not. The best professionals in roofing San Antonio might be able to advise you better.
- Check out for leaks and cracks in your roof through which water may seep in, dust and moisture to enter inside and fungal attack to take place.
- Check if the flashings are properly installed. Flashings are used to seal the areas where interior construction breaks through the roof. The gap or cracks created are sealed with flashing. If the flashing is not done properly, the gaps remain open.
- Stagnant water collected on corners of your roof cause a major problem, especially in flat roofs. They can cause the adjoining walls to dampen.
- Overhanging branches of trees can damage the protective top layer of your roof and cause abrasion. It is better to trim away the branches.
- Lack of maintenance of your roof can subtract life years away from the life expectancy of your roof. There are experienced roofing companies in San Antonio who can provide the best solution to your roof problems.
What are the Types of Roofing Available?
Below mentioned are some of the most common types of roofing:
- Metal roofing- This is a traditional type of roofing. Metal roofing has several advantages over other types such as easy to install, fire and insect retardant, reduces heat, longer life and attractive appearance.
- Asphalt roofing- Asphalt shingles can be easily repaired and are fire resistant. They are lesser expensive than other types of roofing and come in various colors and shapes.
- Concrete roofing- This product is a bit expensive than other materials but the value is worth it. Concrete tiles are long lasting and very durable.
- Wooden shake shingles- If you are looking for an eco-friendly option, wood shakes could be your best choice. They are water resistant and long lasting.
- Slate roofing- Slate roofs are made of natural products. They are a bit tougher to install. They come in various colors, sizes and thickness.
The roof provides you shelter, true. But, a roof also adds elegance and style to your house. No matter what kind of roofing you install, it is important that you take proper care of it.